The Friendliest Club on the Bay
MembershipThere has never been a better time to join GGYC and become a member of an active club with a wide variety of offerings available to its members
Over three hundred members strong, the Golden Gate Yacht Club welcomes both sail and power boaters and their crew to its membership ranks. Non-boat owners are also welcomed as members. Golden Gate Yacht Club, home of the America's Cup and home port of ORACLE TEAM USA, provides bar and dining service with dazzling views of San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Marin.
Members also enjoy an active race schedule in addition to social activities such as Opening Day on the Bay, our renowned Lobster Feed, Fleet Week Brunch (best view on the Bay to see the Fleet arrive and watch the Blue Angels perform), Bunny and Santa-by-Boat Brunches; annual holiday toy drive benefitting the San Francisco Firemen’s toy drive for under privileged children, New Year's Day Brunch and other themed events.
Join us and enjoy:
- A clubhouse with function rooms
- Bar, decks and balconies that offer breathtaking Golden Gate and bay views
- An ideal location for small or large corporate functions and seminars
- If you are a boat owner, club membership offers 4 nights of free berthing per month alongside the clubhouse (subject to availability, must be pre-booked)
- Reciprocal rights to yacht club worldwide and the City Club of San Francisco, University Club and Marine’s Memorial
- Famous Mid-Winter Manuel Fagundes Seaweed Soup Regatta and Friday Night Beer Can Series
- The ability to sign in guests to enjoy the facilities
- Cal25, J22 and dinghy sailing: lessons and member boat rental available
- Associate member program (ages 21-30)
- Youth Sailing program for San Francisco high school students
- Networking opportunities
- Famous annual Lobster Feed
- Club merchandise for yourself or as gifts
Member's Only section of GGYC.com
All members now have a unique login username and password that allows access to the “Members Only” section of our website, GGYC.com. All members will have a unique username and password, including each family member registered under a Family Membership.
Accessing this section is easy and can be done from the homepage (www.GGYC.com) by clicking the “LOGIN” button in the top right corner of the page. From here, enter your username and password as described below.
Your username is initially set to your first initial followed by your last name. For example, John Smith would have a username of “jsmith.” Your password is currently set to the same as your username. Our system requires that passwords have at least 6 characters, so members with last names of 4 letters or less should add “1” to the end of their password until 6 characters are reached. For example, John Doe would have username “jdoe” but password “jdoe11.”